Register to Vote
Eligibility to become a registered voter is dependent upon three criteria. You must be:
- a citizen of the United States
- at least 18 years of age by the date of the next general election
- a resident of Michigan and the city or township where you are registering to vote
If you already have registered, you are not required to do so again unless you change your address or name.
Voter Registration Locations
Oak Park residents can register to vote at any of the following locations:
- The City Clerk's Office
- Any Secretary of State branch office
- Oakland County Clerk's Office
- Any armed forces recruitment office. There are two additional options:
- Family Independence Agency, the Department of Community Health, Michigan Jobs Commission, and some office of the Commission for the Blind
Qualified electors may also register by may by obtaining and completing a Mail Voter Registration Application and forwarding it to the election official as directed on the application. Mail Voter registration applications may be obtained by contacting the Office of the City Clerk. Note: A person who registers to vote by mail is required to vote in person, unless they have previously voted in person in the State of Michigan, or are at least 60 years of age, or have a disability.