Did You Know?
The City provides a publication, "Welcome to the City of Oak Park, Answers to Frequently Asked Questions.” For a copy, please call (248) 691-7520. Here are a few of the report-related questions we hear most often - and the answers we provide.
- How long do I have to file a police report?
- Reports should be filed as soon as possible.
- Do I report an electrical power outage to the Public Safety Department?
- No. You must contact Detroit Edison at (313) 477-4747.
- I had a traffic accident on the roadway. Do I have to make a police report?
- State law requires all accidents involving injury or damages of $400.00 or more to be reported to a police agency. A police report should be made as soon as possible.
- What if I have a non-injury accident on private property?
- You should file a Private Property Accident Report in person at the Oak Park Public Safety Department as soon as possible. This can be done 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- I had a minor traffic accident in a parking lot. Can you send a police car to take the report?
- A car will be sent to the scene of a private property accident if there are personal injuries or the vehicles are not drivable. Due to the volume of private property traffic accidents, the Public Safety Department requires all private property accident reports to be completed at the Public Service Department. Bring the involved vehicle, your driver’s license, vehicle registration, and proof of insurance along with any other information from the other driver(s) involved. An officer at the station will take the report.
- Where can I obtain a copy of a traffic accident report or a criminal incident report?
- Michigan State Police offers convenient online access to your traffic accident report. For more information on how to utilize the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Purchasing System, visit Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Purchasing System. Copies of criminal reports can be obtained at the Records Bureau located inside the Oak Park Public Safety Department, 13800 Oak Park Blvd. during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday. For further information, you can call (248) 691-7526. The fee for a report is $4.00 for the first page and $1.50 for each additional page.
- How do I pick up property being held by the Public Safety Department?
- Property is released only by appointment with the Department’s Property Clerk. The Property Clerk can be reached at (248) 691-7528 during business hours, Monday through Friday.