Description : JOB TITLE: Lifeguard
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOARD JOB DESCRIPTION
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION
The Lifeguard/Swim Instructor is responsible for guarding their area of responsibility, responding to any level of incident around the entire facility, enforcing our rules fairly and politely, checking and maintaining pool chemicals, being responsive to member and guest requests, ensuring member safety, being patient and enthusiastic while teaching lessons; setting up and cleaning up lesson station, maintain communication and relationships with their clients or parents of their students, and other task assigned by the pool managers and/or recreation coordinator
- Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility.
- Act immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Attend mandatory meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Maintains a clean facility performing house cleaning duties to deck, locker rooms and surrounding pool area.
- May have the opportunity to instruct learn-to-swim classes.
- Have an understanding of the pool facility characteristics, rules, policies and procedures.
- Participate in special events sponsored by the department; work cooperatively with other recreation and city staff.
- Act as a liaison between the department, residents, and users of the parks and recreation pool facilities.
- May be asked to perform other duties related to the day-to-day operation of the department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public, and experience working with teens and the general public
- Must be physically able to perform duties as assigned
- Able to complete a city application and pass an oral interview
- Pre-employment testing of lifeguarding skills and knowledge
- Possess ability to complete records and reports
- Answer phone in the pool office and be able to answer questions relative to the pool programs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and First Aid (Certification available thru the City of Oak Park)
- American Red Cross CPR for the professional Rescuer (Certification available thru the City of Oak Park)
- Experience with customer service
- Experience and training in conflict resolution
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
The City of Oak Park Human Resources Department only accepts electronic submissions. Completed City of Employment Application forms, resumes and other pertinent data must be sent in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled