JOB TITLE DEPARTMENT/DIVISON
Bus Driver Recreation Department
REPORTS TO: Recreation Director
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION
Drives bus to transport passengers over specified routes to local or distant points according to time schedule. Performs other maintenance and custodial functions as required.
- Drives a bus or van to pick up and deliver volunteers, takes citizens on field trips, etc., throughout Oak Park and the surrounding areas; follows the schedule and other instructions provided by the Senior Citizens Coordinator.
- Prepares facilities for daily activities in Senior Citizens Center. Arranges tables and chairs, makes coffee, and follows special instructions as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous custodial duties as required such as cleaning or dusting community center facilities or washing and cleaning bus.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Familiarity with streets and locations in the City of Oak Park and surrounding area.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees.
- Ability to control and provide services to people of all ages, youth through senior citizens.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate from an accredited high school (eighth grade education with two years prior experience as a bus driver can be substituted for high school education requirement)
- Experience in operating a bus or other heavy equipment.
- Possess valid Michigan Chauffeur’s license
SALARY RANGE - Hourly minimum rate of $9.00- $10.00 (with consideration given to experience).
NOTE - This job description is intended to indicate the general nature of responsibilities typically assigned to the job. The description is not necessarily exhaustive or intended to limit the supervisor’s right to modify assignments as necessary.
The City of Oak Park does not discriminate in its employment or any other programs or activities on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, economic status, age, marital status, sexual orientation or disability. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability, if requested. Notification of the need for accommodation must be made at the time of application.
The City of Oak Park Human Resources Department only accepts electronic submissions. Completed City of Employment Application form, resumes and other pertinent data must be sent in PDF format to email@example.com.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled