Library Page (Part-Time)
Library Page (Part-Time)
To download this post, visit Library Page (Part-Time).
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION
Locate library materials for loan and replace material in shelving area, stacks, or files according to identification number and title. Sort and shelve books and issue and receive library materials. Provide basic assistance to patrons and other staff.
REPORTS TO: Library Director
- Sort books, publications, and other items according to established procedure and return them to shelves, files, or other designated storage areas.
- Deliver and retrieve items throughout the library by hand or using pushcart.
- Unpack and pack boxes of books and other library materials.
- Maintains appearance of work and public areas.
- May assist in temporary projects in the library involving basic computer skills.
- Perform various procedures prior to opening and closing the library: checking exit doors, arranging chairs etc. and other duties as assigned.
- Packs and unpacks boxes of books and other library materials.
- Operate library and office equipment such as audio-visual equipment, copiers, computers, etc.
- Other routine clerical and maintenance work as assigned.
- May be trained for & assigned other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITES
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records and other basic office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal service.
- Mathematic, Reading Comprehension & English skills of a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Skill in active listening, giving full attention to what people are saying, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Skill in service orientation by actively looking for ways to assist staff and patrons.
- Skill in time management by organizing, prioritizing and completing tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and perform repetitive arm, hand and body movements throughout the day such as reaching overhead to shelve books weighing up to 5 pounds; moving pushcarts, etc.
- Ability to speak concisely and clearly so that others can understand.
- Ability to see details at close range.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must pass interview and evaluation administered by the Library Director.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in customer service preferred.
SALARY RANGE - This is a 20 or 22 hour work week, part-time position with a rate of $8.90 per hour and no benefits.
NOTE - This job description is intended to indicate the general nature of responsibilities typically assigned to the job. The description is not necessarily exhaustive or intended to limit the supervisor’s right to modify assignments as necessary.
The City of Oak Park does not discriminate in its employment or any other programs or activities on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, economic status, age, marital status, sexual orientation or disability. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability, if requested. Notification of the need for accommodation must be made at the time of application.
The City of Oak Park Human Resources Department only accepts electronic submissions. Please download and complete an application at www.oakparkmi.gov. Completed City of Employment Application forms, resumes and other pertinent data must be sent in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled