My name is Kimberly Marrone and I'm the Economic Development Director for the City of Oak Park.
I'm working hard to identify available resources for businesses during the ongoing coronavirus crisis. Please feel free to reach out to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call my cell phone at (810) 706-3297. If I am unavailable, please leave a message and I will call you back.
This is a difficult time, and I want to help our Oak Park business community the best I can as we all try to navigate through these stressful and rapidly-changing times. Please make sure you visit this site often and read through what has been posted.
Economic Development Director
Oak Park Business Assistance Package
Oak Park City Council passed a resolution in support of the Business Assistance Program. The program has been created to provide additional tools to help our businesses. The package can be found in its entirety here. It includes:
- Additional temporary signage allowed (see guidelines in package)
- Outdoor dining fee waiver (see guidelines in package)
- Sidewalk sales (coming soon)
- Business license late fees for year 2020 will be waived
- Grants through Patronicity and the Corridor Improvement Authority
- Reduced advertising fees in the City Magazine
- BUY LOCAL Campaign to support our businesses
- Farmers Market tables for retailers and restaurants free of charge (details coming soon - one of each per week to be selected by application)
Payroll Protection Program Loan Forgiveness Application
If your business received funding for PPP, you are required to complete and submit a forgiveness application. This can be found on the SBA website here.
If you are a business in Oak Park with a current business license and are in need of PPE supplies please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Legal Business Name
- Business Phone
- Contact Person
- Email Address
-What supplies are needed
Once the information is received a follow up email will come with instructions for pickup and what supplies we have for you.
Resources for our Businesses
- Oak Park Restart Toolkit
Recovery Readiness - How to reopen your workplace
- Toolkit provided by Cushman and Wakefield
For a template on your reopen strategy please click here.
COVID-19 Tax Relief for Business
- IRS Website
For videos of how to manager your PPP Loan or EIDL loan and their tax implications see guidelines on the SBA website here.
Oakland County One Stop
Pure Michigan Business Connect
Small Business Association of Michigan
Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce
Ferndale Area Chamber of Commerce
Oakland County Michigan Works
- Please visit their website to get information on giving temporary leave as opposed to layoffs, the work share program (if you are reducing hours of an employee they can get reduced unemployment benefits), some businesses are experiencing rapid growth based on the new demand in certain sectors. If you are in need of posting jobs visit mitalent.org or call 1-800-285-WORKS to post your jobs.
Pure Michigan Business Connect - Some businesses that have the capacity to make new products have been reaching out as well. We encourage these businesses to visit the Pure Michigan Business Connect website to see the demand that is needed by product.
Work Share - If employers are financially distressed but hope to continue operations by cutting back hours, they are encouraged to use the Unemployment Insurance Agency’s Work Share program that allows employers to maintain employment levels and business operations during declines in regular business activity rather than laying off workers. More information about the program can be found at www.michigan.gov/workshare.
The Michigan Economic Development Corporation’s call center stands ready to support businesses looking for assistance through other available state programs. For more information, visit the MEDC’s website: www.michiganbusiness.org or call (888) 522-0103. The Michigan Small Business Development Center can also provide resources for small businesses impacted by COVID-19. Visit their website www.sbdcmichigan.org/small-business-covid19 for additional information.
Information around this outbreak is changing rapidly. The latest information is available at Michigan.gov/Coronavirus and CDC.gov/Coronavirus.