Anyone living, working or owning a property in the City of Oak Park is eligible to receive an Oak Park Library card. Registration for the card is free. The card is used to gain access to Library services, including checking out books, borrowing DVDs, and accessing a broad range of online materials. In addition, the Oak Park Library is part of The Library Network which allows Oak Park Library cardholders to patronize other libraries within the network.
How to Apply
To apply for an Oak Park Library card, a visit to the Library is required. The Oak Park Library is located at 14200 Oak Park Blvd., Oak Park, Mich. Library cards are free of charge. Bring photo identification, such as a driver’s license or passport to provide proof of residency. Non-residents who are employed in Oak Park, or who own property in Oak Park, can obtain a Library card if they can provide proof of their work location or property ownership status. New Library cardholders will be asked to sign the back of the Library card upon receipt.
- The ability to borrow print and digital material
- Access to a network of 65 local libraries in The Library Network
- Use of the Library’s Computer Services Center
- Access to Zinio, the world’s largest digital library newsstand
- Access to the Library’s free WiFi service