Meet the Library Director
City of Oak Park
14200 Oak Park Blvd.
Oak Park, MI 48237
Boards and Commissions:
What Does a Library Director Do?
The City of Oak Park Library Director plans, develops and directs the municipal library program; surveys community reading and literacy needs; and maintains library facilities. Specifically, the Library Director performs in the following capacities:
- Kimberly Schaaf, Library Director
- Plans, coordinates and supervises the Library program, facilities and equipment.
- Supervises the maintenance of Library facilities and services to provide adequate community service.
- Implements and directs comprehensive Library programs for all age groups.
- Coordinates city programs with Library activities.
- Forecasts future Library needs and recommends new and innovative program and services to the community.
- Prepares correspondence and communication pertaining to Library activities and prepares publicity designed to encourage public interest and participation.
- Seeks available local, state and national grants.
- Maintains an inventory of departmental equipment and plans for future equipment needs.
- Recruits, trains, supervises and evaluates departmental personnel.
- Networks with organizations and resources to further Library initiatives and offerings.